Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random ramblings ...

Just wanted to let my blog readers that I am alive and kicking -- can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged anything!

I had to travel back to the USA the end of March for a business trip -- extremely hectic days at a client site and then working with the team in the India into the wee hours of the night. The only reprieve was Easter weekend in NJ at my mom's house -- the weather was beautiful and it was so nice to see the early spring flowers / trees, etc. -- and of course to see my mom, brother, and sister-in-law.

It's been extremely hot in India. Summer months here are April / May ending in June when the monsoons start. This year though, summer appears to have started in mid-February and shows no sign of abating. Bangalore has been unusually hot (it's been in the mid-90s for weeks) and last week I flew up to Delhi for a couple of days for business -- very hot up there -- 110+ during the day (the only saving grace was that it's dry heat -- so if you can stay out of the sun, not too bad). I also got in some good shopping while I was up there -- Delhi is definitely one of the best cities in India for shopping -- although the traffic is horrible and it takes forever to get anywhere.

Thursday is my 7-year anniversary at ThoughtWorks -- and I'm celebrating by taking a trip to Pench National Park. The park is the setting for Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book."

I'm just going for 3 days -- it's going to be wicked hot there -- but hope to see some tigers. I'm staying at the Taj Safari hotel -- looks to be quite nice. The park isn't the best for tiger viewing -- but I decided to go there because it's relatively easy to get there and I can do it over a long weekend. Many of the other parks in India are not close to an airport -- so would have to fly and then take a train -- would end up spending the entire time just traveling to/from the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment