
Actually it was a lazy weekend. Work has been extremely hectic -- have been putting in very long hours -- so it was nice this weekend to just putz around and not do much of anything. On Saturday, I did get my first haircut in India -- went to a salon in the mall attached to the Leela Palace hotel. The stylist did a pretty good job -- and at a very nice price (Rs. 550 -- about $11). Had a great lunch afterwards at the Leela Palace hotel -- set me back about 2x the haircut! After lunch, I took an auto to Commercial St to pick up a couple of
salwar kameez outfits that I had made-up for me. It's rather fun to pick them out -- they have the material for the top, pants, and scarf already all matched up -- so you just pick out the fabric group and decide on the neckline and they stitch them up for you. I'm going to wear one to work tomorrow -- will post a picture.
On Sunday, I went for a late breakfast at a really cute cafe on St. Marks Rd -- La Patisserie. Had a cheese omelet, bacon, pineapple juice, and 2 cappuccinos -- and a cinnamon bun for dessert (the waiter asked us if we wanted dessert -- who could say no?). The food was really good -- especially the bacon! I haven't had bacon since I've been in India -- so that might be why it tasted so delicious. The coffee was also the best that I've had since I've been here. Will definitely go back.
After breakfast, I ventured over to the Bodycraft spa for a pedicure and reflexology massage. And that was my weekend. Spent the rest of the time catching up on email and reading (still love my Kindle!)
No comments:
Post a Comment