So this is a bit out of order. Didn't get time to finish posting everything from my vacation.
After leaving Kerala, I flew up to Mangalore (in Karnataka, about 400 km north of Kochi & 350 km west of Bangalore) to meet up with some co-workers staying at a family farm. The farm is located in Manipal, a town about 1.5 hours by car from the Mangalore airport.
I wasn't sure what to expect -- I guess I was envisioning fields of some crop like lentils or soy -- but the crops were actually coconut, pepper, nutmeg, and some other tree stuff --- so didn't look anything like a farm in the US, just looked like we were out in the countryside. Beautiful location with a pretty river running behind the property.
We didn't actually end up staying at the farm -- there were too many of us and there were problems with the electricity -- so we stayed in town (in a very basic hotel --- no hot water, fortunately I was only there for 1 night -- so just went without a shower).
In the pics: coconut trees (about 60 of them on the farm), nutmeg trees, pepper (the vine on the coconut trees), and some citrus fruit that no one could identify (looked and tasted like a huge blood orange).
No comments:
Post a Comment