Saturday, June 19, 2010

No Posts For Awhile ...



I'm off to the USA tomorrow night for 1 week. It's going to be a very quick trip -- primary purpose is to get my employment visa renewed.

Although I'll be leaving India in August, my employment visa expires next week and the only real way to get it renewed is to have it processed in the USA. I could have done it in India -- but it would have taken 3+ months and I wasn't willing to have my passport out of my possession for that long (if nothing else, it would have meant that I couldn't have traveled on a plane anywhere in India -- nor could I have stayed at a hotel here).

I would have stayed in the States longer, but if I want to hold onto my ex-pat status for tax purposes, I can only be in the USA for 35 days on a rolling 12-month calendar -- so need to keep the visit short.

I haven't planned weekend trips yet for July -- I will be transitioning my work to the new GM during the first 3 weeks of July, waiting to see what the schedule will be like before I plan any adventures.

Well -- I have planned 1 trip for July -- I'll be going to Bali at the end of the month. It going to be a fairly short trip -- only 4 days / 3 nights -- airfare was very cheap, but hotels incredibly expensive (it's high season then in Bali). I'll be staying at 2 different hotels while I'm there -- one is inland near mountains and rice paddies, the other on the beach. Should be a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment