


After the Wildlife Trek it was time for the
Camel Ride out into the desert to watch the sunset. The ride was more pleasant than I expected, the camels were freshly washed -- so didn't smell much and we took it fairly slow. The hardest part was when the camels get up & down (and you are on the camel) -- when they get up, they do their back legs first -- so you have to hang on and lean back while they are unfolding their front legs. When they lay down -- it's front legs first -- so again you have to lean back and hold on -- and my camel took his time putting his back legs down -- I was sure I was going to fall off!
Note: We rode
dromedary camels (1 hump) -- found out on the ride that the 2-hump camels (bactrian) are only native to northeast Asia.
No comments:
Post a Comment