

I spent Saturday night at the Taj Kuteeram hotel, part of the original Nrityagram Dance Village.
Lovely hotel -- small, only 9 rooms in 3 cottages. Not sure how they make enough money to stay in business, but they seem to be doing okay.
After touring around the dance village, I went back to the hotel for lunch -- quite nice. The menu:
- tomato soup
- deep-fried baby corn: baby corn is a staple in India, not really my favorite vegetable for some reason, but it's good deep-fried!
- spicy pineapple & grape tomato salad: weird combo, but it definitely worked - very delicious
- homestyle lamb curry
- moong dal: yellow split peas, ginger, chili pepper, tomatoes, cumin, garlic -- dal refers to any dish made with legumes -- in India it typically means a thick stew and it's served with most every meal in India (well at least in South India)
- bread / rice
- pickled something - in India most everything is pickled -- it's sometimes hard to discern what you are eating -- but usually quite tasty (and sometimes extremely spicy!)
Lots of food -- I don't know how Indian people stay so skinny eating 3 meals a day like this!
(I know that people are now regretting asking me to blog about food *grin*)
No comments:
Post a Comment