- driven a car
- brushed my teeth with tap water
- watched television
- salted my food
- cooked food in my apartment
- cleaned my apartment
And then at the 6 month mark, I revised the list of things:
- driven a car
- brushed my teeth with tap water
- salted my food
- cooked food in my apartment
- cleaned my apartment
And now that I've hit the 1 year mark, decided it's time to review the list. So I have to remove that I haven't "salted my food" -- I don't know if it's because I've become used to the spices used in cooking here, but I do find myself salting my food every once in awhile (although harder to do here since there is almost never a salt/pepper shaker on the table at restaurants). But I do have another item to add to the list -- using a hair dryer -- I recently realized that I always let my hair air dry even when I have access to a hair dryer (which is only when I'm staying in a hotel since I never bought one over here):
- driven a car
- brushed my teeth with tap water
- cooked food in my apartment
- cleaned my apartment
- dried my hair with a hair dryer
Not cooked food? Not even a grilled paneer sandwich or a boiled egg?
ReplyDeleteI know it's weird / hard to believe -- but I have never turned the stove on (and I don't have an oven). I have used the toaster and the microwave -- but wouldn't call that cooking.
ReplyDeleteMy grocery shopping amounts to buying fruit and that's about it -- now that I think about it, I can't even remember the last time that I went to a proper grocery store here in Bangalore (must be a couple of months).