Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bangalore Registration - Part 2

Went back to the Police Commission today to get my finalized Registration Papers. Had to be there by 5pm -- driver didn't know exactly where we were going, so we drove around in circles for a bit --- fortunately we arrived there at 4:57pm! Had to stand in a long line, when I finally got to the front, the clerk gave me my papers and said "Go! You are finished" -- cracked me up for some reason.

So one of the most challenging things in Bangalore is crossing the street. There are very few traffic lights and very many vehicles --- so it can be quite an adventure to cross some of the roads - including Airport Road which is where we are located. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, no one ever gets injured -- yet this morning I read that 3 people were killed yesterday in Bangalore while crossing the road! I have become more comfortable doing it -- my method is to watch the locals and go with them -- and I've noticed that if there is enough of us crossing, that the traffic will stop to let us cross. Will post some pictures of the traffic so that you can have a better appreciation for what I'm talking about.

Another thing that I really want to get a picture of is all the people / motorcycles / scooters huddled under bridge overpasses when it rains --- it can be hundreds, really quite the sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment