Saturday, November 7, 2009

Udaipur: Oberoi Udaivilas - My Room



I spent a lot of time in this room. Fortunately it was a wonderful room to hang out in --- there was a very comfortable window seat in front of the windows --- made for a comfy napping area!

So -- on Saturday I felt horrible -- bad enough that I called the front desk to ask about a doctor -- lucky that they doctors from the local hospital make "house" calls. Dr. and his assistant showed up about 30 minutes later -- checked me out -- diagnosis: bad sinus infection. The doctor gave me a bunch of scripts for antibiotics, etc. --- hotel had someone go to a pharmacy to get the scripts filled for me. The whole thing only cost me Rs. 1580 (< $40 including the Dr. visit). The hotel people also called me every 4 hours or so to make sure I was doing okay -- really very nice.

I spent the rest of the day reading, sleeping, paddling around in the pool (kept my head out of the water), and couple more spa treatments. On Sunday, I felt a bit better -- not good enough though to go touring around -- so spent the morning wandering around the resort grounds and then sitting by the main pool and reading. Back on the plane to Bangalore at 2pm (via Mumbai).

Will have to go on another trip to Udaipur and actually see the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment