This video is from our Saturday afternoon jeep safari. Towards the end of the trip we encountered a bunch of elephants on one of the park roads --- we pulled up to watch them eat and shortly thereafter a couple of other jeeps pulled up behind us (effectively blocking our reverse-out exit). We had elephants on 3 sides of us and there were more that we could hear behind the bushes. Some of the elephants started to get very very close to our jeep (hence my nervous laughter), so our driver decided it was time to move on. The only way we could go was forward and, as you'll see in the video, most of the elephants actually backed away once our jeep started moving -- which we all thought was rather interesting. I was sitting in the front seat of the jeep (remember they drive on the other side of the road in India) -- 2 people were seated in the row behind me -- and everyone else was in the back of the jeep (2 bench seats -- no roof, no sides, no nothing) --- I will admit that I did roll my window up part way when the one elephant got within striking distance with her trunk -- not sure though how I thought that would help protect me!
No comments:
Post a Comment