Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pune: Chokhi Dhani Village




Last week I was in Pune for a series of TW meetings. On Wednesday evening we went to Chokhi Dhani Village for dinner -- wasn't quite what I was expecting -- but it did turn out to be a rather amusing way to spend the evening. I did have my palm read (the guy didn't speak English -- so had it done in Hindi with one of my co-workers translating) -- very funny -- although I wish it were true because he told me that I would have my own company that I would sell for hundreds of millions dollars!

Description of Chokhi Dhani Village from their website:
Chokhi Dhani Village has been the mirror of Rajasthani culture since 1989. Started as part of ambiance for a restaurant, over the years it has evolved as a tasteful and authentic symbol of ethnic village life of this most colorful state in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment