Is in the basement of my apartment building (the N block). It's a rather strange location for a grocery store, but it's extremely convenient. The grocery store is very small, but packed with lots of things including fresh vegetables and fruits along with eggs and bread. They also have peanut butter --- something that everyone told me to bring with me since they couldn't find it in India. I listened to them --- thought it was a bit weird since I rarely ate peanut butter when in the States -- but I have found it to be rather handy (like when it's 11pm at night and I haven't eaten dinner -- peanut butter sandwiches definitely hit the spot). The store also has a whole aisle of small packets of cookies --- I try something different every week --- lots of interesting flavors - like cardamon and pineapple.
You can also have your groceries delivered --- but I find that a bit extreme since I happen to live in the same building.
There is also a pharmacy in the basement, right next to the grocery store --- I fortunately haven't had any need for that.
I keep meaning to take pictures of the basement stores -- but never remember to bring my camera with me -- will do sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment