Sunday, August 9, 2009

Street Ironing

(sorry for the blurry photo)

In Bangalore (and I believe most of India), many people have washing machines but next to no one has a dryer. Instead, people hang their clothes out to dry (on their balconies, in open fields, wherever they can find!). Consequently most of your clothes need to be ironed. While you can send them out to be ironed, you can also bring them to these guys on the street who will iron your clothes while you wait --- I think it costs something like Rs. 3 (so you could get 16 items ironed for $1).

There's also an ironing guy in the basement of my apartment (it's one busy place down there!) -- but the word is that he's decided to start charging ferengis up to Rs. 20 per item.



1 comment:

  1. A bargaining challenge for you! (yes, I am a ferengi, but I know where to find the guys who charge Rs. 3, so there!)

    ReplyDelete