Monday, August 17, 2009

Picture Perfect





Lalbagh Gardens presented a lot of great people watching opportunities -- and photo opportunities. I try to take pictures of people without them noticing -- but as you can see in my second photo, I'm not always successful. The kids noticed that I was taking their picture and started waving and shouting "hi" to us -- very cute. And you'll notice in the first picture, that Indian families can be quite large -- this one had 8 children!

Towards the end of our tour of the gardens, we climbed up a big rock (peninsular gneiss) that had a temple on top. Up there we had a teenage boy ask if he could take a picture of us -- we said yes, at which point we had 20 boys descend upon us to crowd into the picture -- it was rather funny. And as we were climbing down the rock, we had a guy (with his wife and kids) ask us if he could take our picture -- we said yes. After the picture, we ran away laughing before anyone else could stop us for a photo opp. I can just imagine these people showing our picture to their friends -- two semi-old white women -- go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment